Episode 30 has a different flavour to the mixtapes on here before. In previous episodes, ‘Retro House Mixtape’ has nurtured a preference for funky, soulful house with a few bass heavy tunes here & there. There has even been a little dabble in the more ‘up for it’ bangers in a couple of episodes. This mix however is a barnstormer right out of the gate. It’s a 60 minute session of late 90’s club bangers. I’m talking full on ‘3 a.m. losing it under the strobe light’ type stuff. It harks back to a time in the late 90’s when house sets had an ‘anything goes’ attitude, rather than a pigeonhole approach. Where trancey-style tunes would rub shoulders with rave-tinged bangers and anything else that had an ‘up-for-it’ attitude.
- BT feat Tori Amos – Blue Skies (Paul Van Dyk Blauer Himmel Mix)
- Section-X – Atlantis (Way Out West Dub)
- Freakpower – New Direction (Way Out West Vocal)
- Da Hool – Bora Bora (Jonesy Mix)
- Mr & Mrs Smith – Gotta Get Loose (Trilogy Remix)
- De Donatis III – The Sound (Original Club Mix)
- Antic – The Ultimate (Hooj Re-Edit)
- SAS – Amber Groove – (Tall Paul Remix)
- Scot Project – U (I Got A Feeling) (Patrick Prins Remix)
- Mary Kiani – 100% (Tall Paul Remix)
- Movin’ Melodies – Don’t Hold Back
- Vincent De Moor – Flowtation
You can also find Retro House Mixtape popping up on the usual social media platforms. For the best stuff head to Twitter and Instagram, plus there’s also Facebook if you’d rather connect that way. If you fancy being awesome and want to contribute to the running costs of Retro House Mixtape you can drop by the Patreon page and chip in some spare change.Follow Retro House Mixtape online....