As per the last few episodes we move on another year further into the 90’s and it’s a mix of two halves which very much reflects my record buying habits of ’98. It was mostly either funky/disco house or more trancey based fare. There are some cracking retro house tunes in this set.
Worth noting in this set is the opening track, the Thomas Bangalter mix of ‘Gym Tonic’ by Bob Sinclar, a tune with a quite the story behind it (check it out via this excellent article here).
- Bob Sinclar – Gym Tonic (Bootleg)
- David Morales – Needin’ U (Boss Anthem Mix)
- Alan Braxe vs Beastie Boys – Beastyality (Bootleg)
- Cheek – Venus (Sunshine People) (DJ Gregory Remix)
- Cappricio – Everybody Get Up (Capriccio Club Mix)
- The Salsoul Orchestra – Ooh I Love It (Love Break) (Full Intention Club Mix)
- DJ Q – Delirious
- Murk – Reach For Me (Matthew Roberts Funk Force ’98 Mix)
- Sonique – I Put A Spell On You (Sonique Club Mix)
- Storm – Storm
- Freefall feat Jan Johnston – Skydive (I Feel Wonderful)
- Ruff Driverz – Dreaming (Percussion Mix)
- Amoeba Assassin – Rollercoaster (Oakey’s Courtyard Mix)
- Paul van Dyk – For An Angel (PVD E-Werk Club Mix)
Show some love for Retro House Mixtape
Are you digging this episode? How about the previous episodes that are also available? Well you can help me with making even more of them by contributing to the ongoing costs of producing the show and hosting it. Either click on the Patreon link below or head to the Support/Donate page here on the blog. Even the smallest donations can help with keeping things running.
No spare cash to donate? No worries, that’s cool. Instead you can check out (and follow) Retro House Mixtape via the social media links below this post. Every single re-share really helps with getting the show out there.Follow Retro House Mixtape online....