Well here it is, the BIG Episode 50. Not only that but Retro House Mixtape is now 1 year old. Happy Birthday to the Mixtape!
For this week’s episode I decided to go back through the first 20 episodes of Retro House Mixtape. I’ve chosen a favourite track from each episode and then thrown them all together in a 60 minute mix. It was a bit of a challenge (and it looks like I only managed 19 tracks but let’s keep that between you and me) but I think it just about all comes together.
- A Guy Called Gerald – Voodoo Ray (Grant Nelson Remix)
- Porno – Music Power (Vocal Club Mix)
- Wildchild – Renegade Master (Scott Forshaw & Greg Stainer Remix)
- Revival 3000 – Mighty High
- Empire of the Sun – We Are The People (Crazy P Remix UK Edit)
- Jamiroquai – Deeper Underground (Paul Jackson’s Version Excursion)
- CLS – Can You Feel It (Lisa Marie Vocal Experience Mix)
- Roger Ruff – Some Justice (Bootleg)
- Hagenaar & Albrecht, Prodigy – Everybody In The Place (Witch Doktor Mash Up)
- Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Luke Pompey Remix)
- Transatlantic Soul – Release Yo’self (Liquid Vocal Mix)
- Bobby Blanco & Miki Moto – Satisfied
- The Wildchild Experience – Bring It Down (The Big Bird Cage Remix)
- Pizzaman – Sex On The Streets (Accapella Loop)
- Fatboy Slim – Star 69 (Styline Remix)
- DJ Pooch – Let The Bass Roll
- Jaydee – Plastic Dreams (Kleen Kutz Re-Rub)
- Ruffneck feat Yavahn – Move Your Body (Mousse T’s Deep Dub)
- Sagat – Luvstuff
Thanks for supporting Retro House Mixtape
I first started doing this as bit of an experiment and looking back I’m pretty happy with how the first year has turned out. Retro House Mixtape has hosted approximately 54 hours worth of house music consisting of roughly 650 tracks. During that time Retro House Mixtape has managed to build up a following of over 1500 users online with over 5000 listens and 60,000+ minutes listened to which is pretty awesome. Honestly there have been a few times when I’ve wondered if I would keep going and whether it was still worth doing. Looking back on those stats I have to say that it’s been worth the effort considering that I started this completely from scratch just 12 months ago.
So a huge HUGE thanks to everyone who has supported the show over the last 12 months whether it’s a ‘like’, a re-tweet, leaving a comment online, sharing the mixes or even chipping in a few quid to help keep things running. Big shout to the team at Beach Radio who kindly invited me into the fold earlier this year and have hosted the show as part of their Friday night line-up. The plan is keep the episodes coming with hopefully a few live gigs popping up in the future. Speaking of which, use the ‘Contact Me‘ link if you run a venue or are planning an event and you’re thinking that Retro House Mixtape might be just the thing you’re looking for to make it memorable.Follow Retro House Mixtape online....