This week’s episode is a 60 minute journey of Retro House that takes you from the Beach to the Main Room. There is a funky summer style in the beginning including an all time classic from Frankie Knuckles (happy Frankie Knuckles day btw if you’re reading this on August 25th).
The second half of the mix takes a turn into bigger, more club based territory and features a replay of one of my all time favourites, ‘Help Me Make It’ by Huff and Puff (originally played in Episode 7 of Retro House Mixtape, do check that one out also).
Fun fact: Frankie’s old ‘Def-Mix’ buddy Satoshi Tomiie also makes his debut on Retro House Mixtape with TWO tracks in this episode.
- Black Magic – Freedom (Make It Funky) (Morel Inc Mix)
- CZR feat Daryl Pandy – Bad Enough (Henry Street Mix)
- Frankie Knuckles presents Satoshi Tomiie – Tears (Full Intention Mix)
- Buster Cream – Do It Disco Boys
- Kut n Paste vs Simone – My Family Depends On Me (Vocal)
- Saffron Hill feat Ben Onono – My Love Is Always (Tim Deluxe’s Summertime Remix)
- Love Tribe – Stand Up (Alcatraz Robs The Bank)
- Andre Sobota – Time (King Unique Stopped Watch Remix)
- Future Sound of London – Papa New Guinea (Satoshi Tomiie Main-Path)
- Huff and Puff – Help Me Make It (Deep Mix)
SUPPORT RETRO HOUSE MIXTAPE
If you’re enjoying Retro House Mixtape you can help me make even more episodes. I’m always buying new tunes, replacing styli and paying for other bits and bobs that go towards making the show. A little bit of funding can go a long way with helping to cover those costs.
You can ‘buy me a coffee’ online via this link – https://ko-fi.com/retrohousemixtape
…or hit up my Patreon link if you want to make a regular contribution.
You can also find Retro House Mixtape bouncing around on social media. For the best stuff head to Twitter and Instagram if you want to follow Retro House Mixtape online. If you fancy being awesome and want to contribute to the running costs of Retro House Mixtape you can drop by the Patreon page and chip in some spare chFollow Retro House Mixtape online....