This episode almost nearly didn’t happen. A few short hours ago a couple of free tickets to Bestival were placed into my hands, talk about a jammy piece of luck! I’ve had to turn this episode out super quick at the last minute whilst frantically packing for a weekend of camping and festival shenanigans. It starts off on an old school house music vibe but by the end it’s properly chugging along.
There are a few choice cuts in there this week. ‘At Night’ by Shakedown is having a huge resurgence thanks to some excellent new remixes by Purple Disco Machine and Peggy Gou, I thought I’d throw in the Kid Creme mix which still sounds great today. There’s also the superb remix of ‘Show Me Love’ by Todd Edwards where he takes an all time classic tune and totally reworks it into something brilliant. Finally I also wanted to get the Hardfloor remix of ‘Blue Monday’ by New Order in there somewhere as it’s having a mini revival here in the U.K. thanks to a TV advert.
Hope you enjoy it. Don’t forget to share it with anyone else who digs a bit of house music.
1. Andrea Mendez – Bring Me Love (Eventual Dub)
2. Gems For Jem – Lifting Me Higher (Peak Energy Mix)
3. Shakedown – At Night (Kid Creme Club Mix)
4. Nuyorican Soul & India – Runaway (Armand Van Helden Mix) (Skapes ReRun Re-Edit)
5. Robin S – Show Me Love (Todd Edwards Remix)
6. Byron Stingily – Get Up (Rhythm Masters Dub)
7. Fatboy Slim – Star 69 (Styline Remix)
8. Oxygen – Am I On Your Mind (D Ramirez Soul Searching Dub)
9. New Order – Blue Monday (Hardfloor Mix)
10. Huff and Puff – Help Me Make It (Deep Mix)
11. Lustral – Everytime (Nalin & Kane Mix)
12. Subliminal Cuts – Le Voie Le Soleil (1996 Way Out West Club Mix)